Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Brianna Allen



I have taught art for 6 years and I am currently an art teacher at Huntington High School. As an artist I usually paint people and animals in all mediums, and like many artists I dabble in various types of art and crafts. I enjoy narrative art and prefer to use subjects that I know and have specific meaning to myself that I can easily create a story out of their personality or an event. I love nature, especially that of my home state of WV. I believe WV is a beautiful and strong state that finds its way into the souls of those who get to grow up and explore its beauty. I used area flowers and animals as the inspiration for my train. I combined an art nouveau style design with seasonal windows of “flora and fauna.” The base is an abstract idea of train tracks and monochromatic colors that flow into the more realistic imagery on the train.

No comments:

Post a Comment