Sunday, May 10, 2015

Joe Murphy


Mayor Williams enjoying Joe's Train Engine Video Installation
on May 9th, 2015 "Artisan's Express Day"

Joe Murphy of Trifecta Productions has gone from Hollywood to Bollywood and now, back home to "Hollerwood." Murphy is president of Trifecta Productions, a company he co-founded with Jack Reynolds in 2007.

"From an early age I fell in love with the creative process. I began writing at a very early age. I got my first hand-me-down camera at 7. I didn't put it down until my brother gave me my first guitar at 11."

Once he graduated from Huntington East High School he spent time trying out an assortment of careers — corporate sales trainer and marketing director for a fishing lure company.

In Manhattan, Murphy worked with Night Train Films on projects such as The Amazing Race, The Biggest Loser and American Justice. He also worked with clients such as Sony, Pfizer and Fannie Mae.

Closer to home, Murphy got a job working on "We Are Marshall," where he learned that Huntington was as good a place as any to start a production company.

Murphy said he is inspired by the "ingenuity and spirit of the Appalachian man and woman."

"I've traveled the world and lived in many places only to find that everything I wanted or needed was always right here in West Virginia," Murphy said. "I have learned from mentors like A. Michael Perry that our ancestors were some of the most ingenious men and women in American history. He showed me that West Virginians are gifted with much more than strong backs. Our spirit, pride and creativity may be one of the United States' best-kept secrets."

Trifecta produced the documentary that accompanied the "Hatfields and McCoys" miniseries on the History Channel. The documentary premiered to more than two million viewers.

Murphy was recently honored by The US Department of Justice, The WV Division of Tourism, and The City of Huntington for his Creative Excellence. He is also the Vocalist/Guitarist for the West Virginian Band Mystic Mountain Blueberry.

https://vimeo.com/127370500

No comments:

Post a Comment